Tuesday 2 May 2017

Jordi Alba wants to stay amid Barça rumours


Jordi Alba admits finding himself on the bench at times this season has been a new experience for him but insists he wants to remain at Barcelona.

Alba has been a regular in the Barca side since signing from Valencia in 2012, but Luis Enrique's switch to a back three after the four-goal defeat to Paris Saint-Germain left him without a place in the team.

It led to speculation he could leave Camp Nou this summer, while Barca have also been heavily linked with a move for Atletico Madrid left-back Theo Hernandez.

"A player always wants to play as much as possible and this season I haven't played all the minutes I would have liked to," Alba told reporters after the Blaugrana 's derby win over Espanyol.

"But I'm not going to ask for explanations. It's clear I'd like to play more, but now I'm getting minutes [again]."
Alba was left on the bench for Champions League games against PSG and Juventus as well as important league matches against Sevilla and Valencia.
Admitting things have been difficult, he added: "Everything goes through your head when you are in a situation like that and for me it was new. I'm not used to it but it helped me mature and evaluate things more.
"The change of system had an influence but these are the coach's decisions. Whether I like it or not, I have to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment